|Posted||13th August 2022|
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic yard/wash operatives in several of our depots nationwide. We have positions in Coventry, Loughborough, Wyboston, and Thirsk.
What will I be responsible for?
- Ensure that all the Tractor & Trailer Units and any other vehicles that enter the Vehicle Wash Area are washed to the instructed high standard of WS.
- Make sure vehicles and trailers are constantly passing through the wash, whether being driven through by a member of staff or being fetched with the use of the allocated wash shunter
- Fill in all the correct documentation to ensure work has been achieved to this highest standard
- Keep the wash area clean and tidy. (Free from litter, dirt, grease etc.)
- Man the vehicle wash, ensuring it is operational in your allocated shift pattern.
- Operate all equipment in line with Safe Systems of Work
- Complete daily checks to determine the condition of all the wash equipment and report any defects
- Ensure that there are adequate chemicals and consumables on site to be able to carry out all duties
- Store all items i.e., Chemicals, Diesel etc. in the Wash area and plant room, ensuring that they are kept free of damage and clean and tidy at all times
- Assist the Depot Manager with other duties in the yard area.
What kind of person are you looking for?
The successful candidate will be organised and have a high level of commitment and motivation. They must also be detail conscious and able to work well in an outdoor environment.
Hours and salary
Core hours - Tuesday - Saturday (10 hours a day)
Full uniform provided
Rate of pay Monday to Friday £9.50 an hour / Saturday £11.50 an hour / Sunday + Bank holiday £12.00 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £9.50-£12.00 per hour
Interested in joining our teams? Simply apply below or send an up to date copy of your CV with brief cover letter explaining what depot you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org