|Posted||9th September 2022|
|Salary||Depending on experience|
As a Night Transport Planner, will be responsible for controlling the efficient deployment and routing of delivery vehicles around the UK. This will include route planning, allocating resources and administrating delivery metrics on a day-to-day basis. The Transport Planner will help deliver a first-class customer service through agreed KPI’s that maximise vehicle and manpower utilisation within a targeted budget. You will also contribute towards workplace health & safety standards whilst ensuring regulatory compliance is adhered to.
- Plan workloads ensuring compliance with driver’s hours and working time directive legislation.
- Using geographical knowledge to maximise the fleet ability to work
- Successfully, plan the vehicles in such a way to minimise running costs, and maximise vehicle revenue
- Briefing and De-briefing drivers starting and finishing their shift
- Supervising and managing driver work loads
- Sourcing extra drivers when needed
- Reacting to route planning changes when needed and re-routing
- Ensuring KPI's are met
- Responsible for providing a detailed and accurate handover to next shift
- Maintaining driver and depot communication always
- Ensuring drivers have the correct paperwork
- Ensuring drivers are on time (using software installed)
- Responsible for driver queries face to face and via telephone
- Ensuring drivers are up to date with any road problems and challenging drivers when needed to ensure Deliveries are on time
- Working within a team of planners, to achieve the common goal of effectively servicing our current client base
- Liaise with the Transport Manager regarding the regular maintenance intervals
- Liaise with Site Managers, to obtain and provide key information such as ETAs
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of working as a Transport Planner within a busy, fast paced transport office
- Experience monitoring drivers
- A solid understanding of Transport operating systems
- A knowledge of tachograph regulations
- Able to organise workload in a consistent and methodical way
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship building and a strong communicator.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, work to deadlines, without supervision and on their own initiative.
- High levels of drive and enthusiasm.
- Meticulous in their approach.
- Dynamic and proactive.
- Numerate and IT literate.
This position will operate on a Sunday - Thursday shift pattern.
Salary dependant on experience.