|Posted||25th September 2020|
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Transport Manager to join our team in Dagenham.
Job Purpose: To manage and support the transport operation which ensures the integrity of our customers and their service requirements, whilst managing the commercial aspects of a transport operation which meets legal compliance, profit, service and quality targets ensuring goods reach their destinations safely, on time and in the most cost effective way whilst maintaining the highest standards of Health & Safety.
- Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs of the operation with the ability to provide adequate cover at planning level
- Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
- Ensuring customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner within the transport operation.
- Ensure compliance is met
- Consider the operational movements in the context of the WS Specialist network and seek opportunities to reduce empty running and improve efficiency.
- Complete periodic reviews of the delivery schedule in line with all customers strategic changes.
- Promote effective and efficient standards of work, in order to comply with UK and EU laws and regulations and Health & Safety legislation.
- Ensure the transport planning operations are in line with budgeted costs and achieve all contractual KPI’s
- Preparing and submitting various KPI reports.
- Be proactive in achieving improved fuel efficiency and better MPG.
- Support the personal development of all people employed on the contract. Carry out performance reviews with the operational management team identifying training needs.
- Create an effective working environment building a diverse, well balanced team.
- To ensure all sub-contractors and suppliers are authorised and provide the most cost effective operational solution.
- Create a positive working environment with a culture of continuous improvement and exceeding customer expectations
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- International CPC
- Comprehensive knowledge of Driver Hours and WTD regulations
- Good financial experience of running a transport operation.
- Ability to manage and lead people.
- Previous Management experience either in logistics or other similar field.
- CPC qualification essential
- Experience of working within the transport industry
- Good IT skills
- Good understanding of Transport Regulations.
- Strong organisational skills for planning schedules and loads.
- Good geographical knowledge
- Ability to work flexibly and make decisions quickly
- Good leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels.
Salary: £35 - £40k
Shift Pattern: - Monday-Friday (Occassional Saturday may be required)