|Posted||22nd December 2021|
An exciting opportunity has arisen at one of the UK’s fasted growing Logistics companies, WS Transportation. Due to our significant growth, we are looking for an experienced Systems Manager to join our expanding team based in Loughborough, LE11. Do you enjoy analysing and implementing new systems? Do you have a strong appetite for transport and thrive within the logistics industry?
WS Transportation offer a wide variety of logistics specialisations across the UK. We are highly innovative, and our customer portfolio is full of many of the UK and Europe’s most well-known brands. We have an ethos of promoting from within and we offer excellent progression prospects.
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Manager to join the IT TMS team based in Loughborough with the occasional need to travel within the UK, your main purpose is to implement the company`s transport system across all relevant business units. You will be joining a high volume; fast-paced Systems team and you will be responsible for heading up the technical elements of the system including developments and testing.
- Lead, plan, design and supervise all activities in the development and implementation of our core systems
- Experience of coding using Visual Studio (Visual Basic.NET) or equivalent
- Oversee EDI development team.
- Oversee the management of day to day system technical requirements.
- Act as a consultant for the WS businesses to discover operational development requirements. and manage these requirements with the ESS development teams.
- Manage relationships between WS and Technical Suppliers.
- Main liaison between WS and their customer's technical teams
- Manage COGNOS reporting team
- Document systems processes
- Any other ad-hoc duties
- A minimum of 3 years experience in management within a systems environment.
- Experience in using Transport Management Systems, ESP / GTS systems or similar.
- Experience and knowledge of system integration technologies, practices and procedures.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Experienced in using Cognos (desirable yet not essential) or similar BI tool
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above or equivalent
- Ability to work in a changing and flexible organisation
- Project management experience is advantageous.
- UK Driving Licence
What We Offer
- Salary up to £45,000 depending upon experience
- Medicash Scheme
- Hours of 08:30 to 17:00, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Expected start date: 10/01/2022