|Posted||28th October 2021|
|Salary||£23,000 to £26,500|
An exciting opportunity has arisen at WS Transportation due to our significant growth. We are looking for a Senior Payroll Officer to join our expanding team based in our HQ in Appleton, Warrington, WA4.
WS Transportation offer a wide variety of logistics specialisations across the UK. We are highly innovative, and our customer portfolio is full of many of the UK’s and Europe’s most well-known brands. We have an ethos of promoting from within whenever possible and we offer excellent progression prospects.
You will be joining a high volume fast paced payroll team and you will be responsible for providing a payroll service across the WS Group. This is a busy, very friendly, sociable place to work. This role would suit an experienced Payroll officer/Administrator looking to take the next step in their career.
- Reporting into the payroll manager, you will work within a team of 4 payrollers to process around 40 payrolls, including Weekly, Bi-weekly, Four-Weekly and Monthly, on Sage 50 payroll from Start to Finish.
- Act as the first point of call for more in-depth PAYE payroll queries.
- Collating and checking of weekly timesheets from each business
- Updating spreadsheets with new starters, employment details, overtime hours
- Carry out pension enrolment
- Assisting with the production of in-depth payroll reports for the wider WS Group.
- Any other ad-hoc duties
- A minimum of 2 years experience in processing payroll from start to finish, covering all aspects of payroll
- Completed/started CIPP Desirable but not essential, should be Qualified by Experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above or equivalent
- Ability to work in a changing and flexible organisation
- High attention to detail
- Organised and efficient
- UK Driving Licence
What We Offer
- Salary - £23,000 - £26,500, Depending on Experience
- You will be based in our HQ, Appleton, Warrington, WA4 with proximity to M6 / M56
- Modern, high Spec, open plan office environment
- Hours of 08:30 to 17:00, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- 25 Days Holiday
- Free Lunch, every day. Free Breakfast on Fridays.