|Posted||6th May 2022|
We have a great opportunity for a Driver Training Manager to join our team to proactively Manage the WS Group Training Team and ensure that Recruitment and Driver Training is processed in a cost effective and timely manner.
Supporting the operations in all areas associated with drivers, fleet, Health and Safety and overall Depot Standards, included within this are the following areas:
- Management of the WS Group Training Team and assist Recruitment Team ensuring;
- Sufficient resource to deal with recruitment and training needs are maintained
- The timely delivery of training as required by the business units
- Manage training team staff and driver trainers/ driver assessors
- Ensure controls are in place for the production of lesson plans to meet business and legal requirements
- Recruitment processes are followed
- Ensure all staff are appraised in line with the company procedures
- Undertake projects as and when requested.
- Assist in collation of annual training budgets and ensure that they are adhered too.
- To actively pursue more efficient ways of working within existing processes and develop new processes.
- Liaise with Directors, General Managers, Regional Operations Managers, their direct reports and Employees at all levels within the Group
- Liaise with DVSA/ RHA/ JAUPT or other outside parties as required to meet business training needs
- Statutory Duties
- Co-operate with your employer to enable any legal obligations to be complied with
- Do not recklessly interfere with anything provided by the employer or others in the interests of health, safety or welfare.
- Bring to the attention of Line Manager any perceived short comings in health and safety arrangements, situations or processes that you consider to be serious or which may present danger to you or others.
- Do not undertake or request others to undertake any works for which you/they do not hold the required competency or authority to undertake.
With all of the above it is paramount that Health and Safety and the well-being and welfare of the team is paramount in any changes/improvements that are made. Always remember that ‘People drive our business’.
Qualifications / Experience
- Core Qualifications
- Level 3 education certificate (PTLLS)
- IOSH Managing safety
- A1 LGV L2 Assessor
- SAFED Instructor
- LGV CAT CE Licence
- FLT Instructor
- Customer, people and results centric
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team, as well as manage people, excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Proven leadership experience within a similar training and transport environment.
- Experience of management of Drivers
- Proven management of training teams and processes
- Maintains a positive attitude to continued learning and growth
- Understanding and compliance of;
- EU drivers hours
- Driver CPC requirements
- Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy
- O Licence obligations
- Dependent on qualifications and experience
If you feel you have the qualities to join our fast-growing team, then apply below today.