|Posted||23rd August 2022|
WS Transportation has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Assistant to join our commercial analyst team in Appleton, Warrington. This position is a 12-month fixed-term contract covering maternity leave.
Job Purpose: To provide commercial support to the Commercial Manager and Directors for strategic decision-making for all group companies, including; sales and business development.
- To support with new business tender opportunities, facilitating strategic decision making
- Review and cost up new business opportunities, providing evaluation and recommendation on their value to the business, including volume and cost profiling.
- Assist in conducting primary reviews on contractual material
- Assist in the ongoing development of costing models and solutions
- Assist in the drafting of contracts
- Provide analytical support to other members of senior management as required across all associated businesses.
- Creation of Commercial Dashboards & Weekly KPI Reports using IBM Cognos Analytics
- Produce customer reports for account reviews – looking at spend, volumes, load fills, profiling and trends.
- Adhoc Reporting/analysis to support senior management
- Creation of Rate Cards & Customer Presentations
- Rating up Adhoc rate requests from customers and the customer service team
- Keeping records of recent customer increases and updating customer pipeline
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and advanced features such as pivot tables and formulas.
- Experience using business analytics software would be advantageous also.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Training will be provided.
This will be a Monday to Friday shift pattern, working hours to be discussed. 25 days holiday.
Job Type: Temporary contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: £22,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
Schedule: Monday to Friday